If you are looking for a simple and easy Mutton Biryani than this recipe might be perfect for you. Have the Best of Luck with this classic Mutton Biryani Recipe.
Ingredients for Mutton Biryani
simple Biryani Recipe 150×150 Mutton Biryani Recipe
- Mutton – 500 g Cut into small pieces
- potatoes – 200 g
- basmati rice – 600 g, First wash than drained this water and soak for at least 1 hour.
- Onions – 3 medium sizes, thinly sliced and fried till golden brown.
- garlic paste – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- tomatoes – 200 g, peeled and chopped
- ginger paste – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- salt = according to taste
- fresh yogurt – 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup ghee or 1/4 cup oil
- 3 -4 cloves
- cinnamon – 3 -4 pieces
- black peppercorns – 8 -10
- bay leaves – 2
- green cardamoms – 2
- green chilies, slit – 2
- red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
- cumin powder – 1 tablespoon
- turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- fresh coriander – 3 -5 leaves
- Some warm milk
- saffron strands, dissolved in a little – 3 -5
- fresh mint – 3 -5 leaves
Preparation Method for Mutton Biryani
1. Take your potatoes and cut them into four equal slices.
2. Add salt to those potatoes.
3. Fry your potatoes in oil.
4. Using either ghee or cooking oil, add a small amount to a skillet.
5. Add onions to this skillet until they get crispy and turn pink. Then take them and put them aside.
6. Take and add cloves, peppercorns, green cardamoms, cinnamon and bay leave to the pan.
7. Put together and add your garlic and ginger pastes.
8. Fry these spices and pastes for about three minutes
9. After washing your pieces of mutton, add them to the spices in the pan.
10. When the mutton releases its own juices, you are done sautéing.
11. Cut slits into your green chilies and put them into the growing mixture.
12. Now come the turmeric, cumin and chili powders.
13. Be sure at this point to thoroughly mix these ingredients together.
14. Get back to sautéing, for around five minutes. Don’t stop stirring.
15. Now your yogurt gets to be added.
READ MORE – How To Make Lamb Biryani Recipe At Home
16. You are going to let this pan simmer, stopping when the mutton is done cooking.
17. Put in some salt.
18. When the oil separates, the flame goes off.
19. Include some coriander (chopped real fine) and mint leaves.
20. Take out another pot, boil rice until the grains are cooked halfway through.
21. Run the rice through a colander.
22. Put your mutton mix into a pan.
23. Put your rice on top of this.
24. Now get the potato slices that you fried earlier.
25. Add saffron milk to the top of it all.
26. Take your fried onions, nice and crispy, and add this to the top layer.
27. Add a tightly sealing lid to the pot.
28. Turn on a low heat for twenty minutes.
29. Take out either a plain yogurt that has been chilled or raita — whichever suits your fancy — like cucumber raita or even pappadams.
30. The most important step — enjoy this delicious meal.
Preparation Time For Mutton Biriyani Recipe
The total preparation time for this Mutton Biryani Recipe is approximately 3 to 4 hours.
*There are many other mutton biryani recipes, like south Indian mutton biryani, Hyderabadi mutton biryani recipe, meat biryani recipe, korma mutton biryani recipe, we recommend you to try these as well.
What do you say about this Mutton Biryani Recipe?
READ MORE – Chicken Biriyani Recipe and How to Make Its Gravy | How To Make Lamb Biryani Recipe At Home | Vegetable Biryani Recipe | How To Make Vegetable Biryani | Biryani Recipe | Biryani Ingredients And Preparation Method